Saturday, April 16, 2011

Don't Be a Slut's Best of the Blogosphere - April 2011

I think of Don't Be a Slut as an electronic clothesline. I imagine that in days of yore, women would gather and gossip in backyards or tenement courtyards as they hung up and took down their families' clothing. And that's how I think of this blog, as a safe place for women (and men) to get together and explore intimate issues.

In that spirit of sharing, I bring you my every-so-often recommendations of personal and relationship blogs that I find interesting.

One of my regular reads: Sex, Lies & Dating in the City recounts the online-dating adventures of Simone, a late thirties/early forties woman in NYC. She doesn't know it, but her blog inspired me to put a profile up on OKCupid. One of my favorite posts from last week was "Don't Talk to Her, She's a Slut."

A beautifully written male dating blog: F*cking in Brooklyn is an interesting and provocative read that I just discovered this month. Brother-man can write. (And if he looks anything like his picture, he's easy on the eyes, too.) A post that's near and dear to my heart is, "Are Women Who Have Sex on the First Date 'Sluts?'"

A relative newcomer: Blogging Bernice is a 40-something single mom who is grappling with the aftermath of her divorce as she takes the plunge back into the dating world.

A cute, international black chick: Magda of Retromus-ik is a pretty young woman of Nigerian descent who lives in Montreal, Canada. She writes slice-of-life posts, such as "Dissing over the net: when web debates turn sour."

A well-adjusted guy from Ireland: I've recently discovered Mind of Mine, a blog that makes me smile. Ian comes across as young and happy and having tons of fun. I love this post about coming out as gay to a mom and siblings who were completely cool with it.

Relationship blog lists: "7 Personal Relationship Blogs That Rock" highlights some interesting and varied choices from Arlene on RelationshipTalk.net. And "Top 50 Blogs to Help Your Personal Relationships" features blogs about romantic relationships, divorce, families and self-development. Thanks to both blogs for featuring Don't Be a Slut.

Those are my discoveries. Anyone else have any favorite personal or relationship blogs to recommend?

Please "Like" Don't Be a Slut on Facebook or follow on Twitter.