Monday, October 26, 2009

First Blogiversary

It's my first blogiversary.

One year ago today, early in the morning, I sat down and wrote my first post.

And I'm so glad I did.

When I started my blog, I had no idea that I would reveal as much as I did, that I would feel as much as I did or that I would heal as much as I did.

I had no idea that I would make "blog friends" all over the world, or that my blog would become a lifeline of creativity in a sea of personal uncertainty.

It's been a huge step forward for me creatively.

You see, seven years ago, I blasted through a decade of writer's block and wrote my first full-length play. Up until that time, I was convinced that I was a blocked artist, a procrastinator, a corporate hack who could crank out boring copy for a paycheck but not a true artist who could craft creative copy for myself.

Writing my play slashed a hole in that self-perception, and blogging has been like the bulldozer that knocked the last vestiges of that wall down and like the construction crew that hauled all the debris away. Because I've been writing, for myself (and for you) consistently for a year, with very little thought about "what's next" in terms of material success or public recognition.

So I just wanted to say thank you for reading and for helping me reach this milestone.

P.S. I'll be back to writing about Number Two this week. I've been going through some (mostly good) personal stuff that has kept me away from the computer.

4 comments:

Bri said...

Congratulations!

I really enjoy your blog and I'm happy you started writing too!

Chaotically Calm said...

Congrats on turning 1!!!

I look forward to continue the journey with you and can't wait to hear more about Number 2.

Allison Brown said...

Congratulations :-)

I'm so happy that you have found the same sort of creative freedom through your blog that I have with mine. Your blog is wonderful and I'm looking forward to reading all your future posts.

Dulce said...

happy anniversary lady! :-D

Post a Comment